Benefits for Subscribing Institutions
- Access by IP address, proxy server, Shibboleth, WAYFless URL and other standard authentication methods.
- Unlimited simultaneous users.
- Convenient online account management service.
- New articles added twice a year.
- Support for outbound OpenURL linking from citations.
- Video- and article-level DOIs.
- COUNTER usage statistics.
- SUSHI service available for automatic harvesting of COUNTER usage statistics.
- MARC records for most important designers and video highlights from the archive.
- Institutional logo displayed on interface.
- Conforms to accessibility standards for most Level A (Priority 1) and AA (Priority 2) success criteria of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. (WCAG 2.0) developed by the Worldwide Web Consortium (W3C).
- Free promotional materials.
Find out more about How to Subscribe, including pricing and access options, and how to register for a free 30-day institutional trial.
Benefits for Users
- 1,200 hours of highly desirable footage, indexed extensively to enable easy searching and discovery. 460 international designers represented in almost 3,000 catwalk shows from Paris, London, New York and Milan across the years 1979 - 2003.
- Rich metadata to allow advanced, easy searching across content at a granular level. Indexing covers: show title, show theme and inspiration, season, year, brand, designer, product types, garment parts and descriptions, textiles and materials, color, music, trends, people and keywords..
- Exclusive, scholarly articles providing essential context that shed light on key collections, the evolution of trends, colors, individual designers’ work, the performance art of staging a runway show, and more, all curated by world-renowned fashion historian and Director of the Museum at FIT in New York, Dr Valerie Steele..
- ‘Clip making tool’ to easily save and share specific sections of videos.
- A timeline of influential collections.
- A powerful browse and search functionality allowing users to find relevant materials across all types of content and disciplines.
- Regular article updates.
- Related Content links on every content page makes it easy to discover relevant material.
- Intuitive, user-friendly interface for desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Easy to cite and share content.
- Personal Account feature enables users to save items to view later; organize saved items into folders; email and export citations; save searches and set up search alerts'.